Import Cars Pakistan

Jim Autos Thailand – Thailand’s, Singapore’s and England UK’s oldest and largest car, pickup truck and SUV exporter to the world including Pakistan and Jim Autos Dubai – Dubai’s largest new car exporter to Pakistan’s LHD neighbors including Afghanistan

Pakistan is one of world’s great auto market. Pakistan as world’s sixth most populous country with a fast growing economy and a rapidly advancing middle class has a hunger for automobiles that cannot be provided by the locally assembled vehicles. This is where Jim steps in. We have had a presence in Pakistan since its founding in 1947 and have been providing Japanese, Thai and Singaporean vehicles for the longest time.

The Jim Group as Asia’s oldest auto dealership group and exporter has been serving customers all over the world since 1911 but since Asia is our base, our activity here has been of even greater standing. Even though we are most known for being Thailand’s largest new and used car exporter to Pakistan. And indeed our companies Jim Autos Thailand dominate the sale of new Toyota Hilux Vigo and other 4x4s while our used car division Jim 4×4 Thailand excels in sale of nearly new and used Toyota Hilux Vigo and Toyota Hilux Tiger. Very few people are aware that we are also UK;s, Dubai’s and Singapore’s largest car exporter to Pakistan and we also export a lot of Japanese and UK luxury vehicles to Pakistan. Email us now at [email protected] to get a Thailand assembled Japanese and American vehicle of your dream or of your clients’ dream be it a 4×4 pickup, 4×4 SUV, large truck, sedan, passenger vehicle, bus or any vehicle or equipment you can manage. We are exporting to over 100 countries in the world, no matter where you are located and what your automotive requirement is, Right Hand Drive or Left Hand Drive, Thailand origin, Singapore origin, Japanese origin, UK origin, South African origin, Australian origin or Dubai, we can get it to you cheaper than anyone else. Our Dubai office Jim Autos Dubai is also just one email away, email them now at [email protected].

For 100 years we have established our name for providing unparalleled customer service, top quality vehicles, quick delivery, best possible price with honesty, integrity and professionalism. Experience the Jim Difference now!

Pakistan car import FAQ

This page provides information on frequently asked questions on the import and export of cars to Pakistan.

1) Can any overseas Pakistani national who is living abroad import a vehicle to Pakistan?

A: Every national living abroad can, depending on if they fulfill the conditions of the The Import Trade and Procedure Order 2000, can import a vehicle.

However, there are several exceptions. These are
a) students abroad who get money from Pakistan
b) members of the families of Pakistani nationals who are do not earn a wage
c) anyone who has already imported or exported a vehicle within the last two years.

This policy is often changed at the end of each financial year so please check with the latest version.

What kind of vehicles or cars can you import into Pakistan under the Personal Baggage/Gift Scheme and TR Scheme?

A) You can import any vehicle which is new under 2 years old. This includes Cars, Buses, Vans, Trucks, Pickups and 4×4 vehicles.

For vehicles which are over two years old you can import them under the TR Scheme as per Import Trade and Procedure Order, 2000.

How can an overseas Pakistani bring a new car on his return to Pakistan?

A) A Pakistani national living abroad for the last seven months, and who has lived abroad for 180 days during that time, can import a new car under the Import Trade and Procedure Order, 2000.

If he or she imports a 4×4 vehicle, or one which has an engine capacity of 1800cc and above, he or she will have to pay customs duty and other taxes in foreign exchange.

What is the procedure of importing a vehicle in baggage and what are the documents that will be required?

A) Your must have been abroad for at least 180 days to be eligible for the import of a vehicle.

If you have an old or used vehicle then it must be registered in your name for at least 60 days before you return to Pakistan.

You will need to show the following documents to Customs Authorities upon import of the car in Pakistan:

1. Purchase receipt of the vehicle.
2. Bill of lading
3. Photocopy of passport duly attested by the Embassy / Consulate of Pakistan abroad.
4. The registration documents in case of used vehicles.

The way to actually import the vehicle and clear it with customs is as follows:

In Karachi, goto the Custom House first floor and find the Group-VIII of Appraisement Collectorate office.

Give the documents mentioned above to the import authorization cell along with your original passport.

Here the staff will give you a free import authorization form. After filling the form return it to them along with the documents which are then submitted to Deputy / Assistant Collector in charge of Group-VIII for approval /signature.

After approval of the import authorization form, the original documents are given back. The vehicle is cleared after paying relevant duty and taxes and filing a bill of entry through the Customs approved clearing agent.

You may also do this at customs houses in Lahore, Multan, Faisalabad, Sialkot, Quetta, Hyderabad, Rawalpindi and Peshawar.

What if I can’t pay the duty, taxes for my car? Can I send my car back?

A) This is a very difficult situation. Basically the car will be seized by customs and sent to auction. However, you can get the money back from customs after the sale, minus the duty, taxes and other charges which were assessed on the car.

There is one option for returning the car. If you can get a NOC from Ministry of Commerce and State Bank of Pakistan then the car will be released and can then be returned to the country of export.

My [brother] studied overseas for one year is now coming back after finishing. Can he bring a car?

A: A student who is getting financial support from Pakistan is not able to import a under Import Trade and Procedure Order, 2006. If the student, in this case a hypothetical brother, is not getting any money from Pakistan and the vehicle is bought from his own earnings abroad he can import it under the Rules.

We have a foreign national working in our company on a contract basis. Can he bring a car along with him?

A: Yes, a non privileged foreign national who comes to Pakistan on a specific contract of service with any local and foreign firm or with a Government or semi-Government Authority in Pakistan can bring a car as personal baggage. The vehicle can only be released on production of employer’s contract (service certificate) and on payment of custom duty and other taxes.

I am returning from abroad after a two month stay? Can I bring a car or any other vehicle as part of my baggage?

A: The minimum stay for importing a vehicle in baggage is 180 days, therefore as your stay is only 60 days you cannot import a vehicle under the Import Trade and Procedure.

My [brother] stayed in the UK for 8 months. Can he bring a car? If yes, what types can he import?

A: Yes, your brother is able to bring one vehicle under the Import Trade and Procedure, but the used vehicle must not be more than five years old (from the date of entry into Pakistan) under baggage scheme.

A five year old vehicle is one which is made five years before the date of import, e.g. you can import a vehicle manufactured in June, 2000 up to the June of 2005.

My relative is returning after more than 180 days away but he does not know how to bring a car back as baggage. What documents will be required, and what is the procedure?

A: He is entitled to import one new or up to five years old vehicle, if he is returning after 180 days from the date of departure from Pakistan to the date of arrival in Pakistan according to the current Import Policy of 2006.

He is has to complete form CR-PB/G and give the following documents to Customs Authorities.

(i) Purchase receipt of the vehicle.

(ii) Bill of lading (this document is issued by the shipping company at the time of booking of the vehicle for Pakistan).

(iii) Photocopy of full passport duly attested by the Embassy / Consulate of Pakistan abroad.

I have been abroad for more than 3 years and want to gift a vehicle to my family. How can I do this?

A: You can gift a vehicle to your family which includes parents, sisters, brother, husband, wife and children above the age of eighteen.

The car, however, should not be more than five years old and your stay abroad shall at least be 700 days during the past three years.

The gift can only be made to a family member residing in Pakistan. You are required to fill a gift undertaking and earning certificate form which will be duly attested by the Pakistan Mission. You will also need

1. Purchase receipt (Invoice of vehicle);
2. Gift undertaking form attested by the Mission which should not be more than six months old;
3. Earning certificate attested by the Mission;
4. Attested photocopy of full passport attested by the Mission;
5. Bill of Lading (showing name and address of consignee); and
6. NIC of Donee.



Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *